10/5 Millas Ciutat de maó
DYNAMIC MENORCA S.L. organises on the 15th September 2018, the 3rd “10 MILES and 5 MILES CITY OF MAÓ”, which will start at 5.30 p.m. in the Fortress of La Mola (Port de Maó) for the runners of the 10 Miles and at Cala Llonga Urbanization (Passeig dels Mariners street) for the runners of the 5 Miles. There is just one Finishing Line and it will be placed in the Port de Maó (Sea Stations Cruises).
- 10 Miles (16.090 km)
- 5 Miles ( 8.045 km)
The online deadline for registrations will be the 12 September 2018, on the web page of the event www.carreramao.com
Last-minute registrations in the Sea Stations Cruises (FINISH) on Friday 14/9/2018 from 5 to 8 p.m.
The minimum age to take part in the 10 MILES CITY OF MAÓ is 18. The minimum age to take part in the 5 MILES CITY OF MAÓ race is 16.
For the under-18s it is essential to have authorisation from their parent/guardian when collecting their number.
· 10 Miles (16.090 km)
5 Miles (8.045 km)
- Until 15/08/18 €17 + €1 insurance for non-federated (+€3 rental of chip)
- From 16/08 to 12/09/18 €22 + €1 insurance for non-federated (+€3 rental of chip)
- Last-minute registration €32 €1 insurance for non-federated (+€3 rental of chip)
- Until 15/08/18 €12 €1 insurance for non-federated (+€3 rental of chip)
- From 16/08 to 12/09/18 €17 €1 insurance for non-federated (+€3 rental of chip)
- Last-minute registration €22 €1 insurance for non-federated (+€3 rental of chip)
In this edition will be allocated € 2 each inscription to the AECC- Spanish Association against Cancer.
Registration refund policy:
- Until the 31 July REFUND of 50% of the registration
- From the 1st to 31 August REFUND of 30% of the registration.
- From the 1st September there will be no refunds whatsoever.
Services included in the registration:
- Commemorative gift of the race
- FINISHER medal
- Web diploma with the time to download, two days after the race
- Other services for the athlete:
- Food and water in race
- Food and water after race
- Medical services
- Transport to start line
Food and water: water at the following kilometre points and on the finishing line.
- 10 Miles 1st point – 3.61 miles (5,800 m), 2nd point – 7.15 miles (11,500 m), 3rd point FINISH 5
- Miles 1st point – 2.12 miles (3,400 m) - 2nd point FINISH
PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITIES:
Friday 14 September
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Sea Stations Cruises
- Collection of numbers
- Last-minute registrations
Saturday 6 May
- 9.30 a.m. – 2 p.m. - Sea Stations Cruises
- Collection of numbers
- This day there will be no last-minute registrations
- 5.30 p.m. – Fortress of La Mola – Maó
- Start 10 MILES CITY OF MAÓ
- 5.30 p.m. – Cala Llonga Urbanization (Passeig dels Mariners street)
- Start 5 MILES CITY OF MAÓ
- 5.55 p.m. – FINISHING LINE Sea Stations Cruises
- Expected arrival first classifiers 5 Miles.
- 6.20 p.m. – FINISHING LINE Sea Stations Cruises
- Expected arrival first classifiers 10 Miles.
- From 7 p.m. – PRIZE-GIVING 10 AND 5 MILES CITY OF MAÓ.
- 19.30 h CLOSING FINISHING LINE. Any runner who has not crossed the finishing line in this time range will be disqualified.
Classifications will be made for each of the categories listed:
- General classification men
- General classification women
The following classifications according to the age of the participants in 10 miles and 5 miles (all the winners will receive a trophy):
- Juvenile (born in 2001 and 2002) (16 – 17 inclusive) *(only 5 miles)
- Junior (born in 1999 and 2000) (18 – 19 inclusive)
- Hopeful (born between 1996 and 1998) (20 – 22 inclusive)
- Senior (born between 1984 and 1995) (23 – 34 inclusive)
- M35/W35 (born between 1979 and 1983) (35 – 39 inclusive)
- M40/W40 (born between 1974 and 1978) (40 – 44 inclusive)
- M45/W45 (born between 1969 a1nd 1973) (45 – 49 inclusive)
- M50/W50 (born between 1964 and 1968) (50 – 54 inclusive)
- M55/W55 (born between 1959 and 1963) (55 – 59 inclusive)
- M60/W60 (born between 1954 and 1958) (60 – 64 inclusive)
- M65/W65 (Born in 1953 and previous years)
The organisation will publish the official classifications on the official web page of the event, from which time any claims can be made if thought appropriate. All the classifications are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Committee of Judges and Timekeepers of the FAIB (Athletics Federation of the Balearic Islands).
- 10 Miles: the first 3 classified in the men’s and women’s categories.
- The two winners of the 10 Miles will each receive 10 kg of DO Mahón-Menorca Cheese.
- 5 Miles: the first 3 classified in the men’s and women’s categories.
- The two winners of the 5 Miles will each receive 5 kg of DO Mahón-Menorca Cheese.
- By categories, of 10 miles and 5 miles, trophies will be awarded to the winner of each category listed in the corresponding section.
WITHDRAWAL OF NUMBERS IN:
Sea Stations Cruises (FINISH)
- Friday 14 September from 5 – 8 p.m. – last minute number collection and registration.
- Saturday 15 September from 9.30 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Collection of numbers (This day there will be no last-minute registrations).
To withdraw the number, it will be essential to have an official ID document (ID, passport, driver’s license) and know the assigned number.
For the collect of the number, athletes who have claimed to be federated, will have to provide the original of their license. In case your federation does not provide you with a license document, you will have to provide a certificate from the corresponding federation. Only athletics federates are allowed.
The participant who cannot go in person to withdraw their number may authorise another person. There is a form which the authorised person must bring, duly filled out, along with their ID card and a photocopy of the ID of the participant. This document can be downloaded from the web or in the registration confirmation mail.
TRANSPORT OF PARTICIPANTS:
The Organisation will make available to the participants, with prior notification on the registration form, a transport service to the starting line.
All participants, along with their number, will be given the ticket for boarding the bus.
The bus for the 10-mile race will depart at 4:30 pm from the parking lot of the Sea Stations Cruises.
The starting line of 10 Miles, in the Fortaleza de la Mola, has parking for private cars, however it is useful to know that the road to la Mola will be closed from 4.30 pm and in case someone does not leave the Mola before the start, then should wait after the race line.
The bus for the 5 Miles runners will leave at 4.45 pm from the Sea Stations Cruises.
The organization strongly recommends using the free transportation (for participants only) that are provided for this purpose as the road suffer major traffic restrictions.